At Beresford Telephone we pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service! We want to make sure that our customers' telephone, internet, and cable are running full speed all the time! We have compiled a list of some of the common support questions that we are asked to help eliminate a service call to your house or business. Still not working? Don't worry, we have techs on call even after business hours to help with your Telephone/Internet/Cable problems!
Frequently asked questions
How do I contact Beresford Telephone?
You can contact us in many ways regarding billing, changes, new services, or troubles!
Phone: Main Office - (605) 763-2500
After Hours Trouble - (605) 763-8725
In Person or mail: 120 East Main Street, Beresford SD 57004
What are your hours?
Main Office Hours - Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
After Hours Trouble - 24 Hours a Day
What Services are available for me and how soon can my services be turned on?
Please browse our webpage, stop in the office, or give us a call! We would love to visit to see what we can do for you! We try to get our customers up and going as soon as possible, and try our best to provide same day service!
Is there a fee for having a technician come to my home or business?
This depends on what seems to be the problem. If there are problems with Beresford Telephone equipment or service there would be no cost to our customer. If it is deemed to be a customer issue (plugged in wrong, cat chewed a wire, unable to scan tv, etc.) then there would be a charge to have a technician come out, diagnose the problem, and fix it
Who should I call before I dig?
My Internet seems slow, what can I do?
In this day and age, you wouldn't believe how many devices connect to the internet! This can cause congestion on your network and cause things to seem slow. Here are a few items to consider:
1) Are other devices currently working hard on your network? Kids downloading games or streaming videos? Computers doing updates? All of these things can cause other devices on your network to be slowed down.
2) Are you too far away from your router? Routers are designed to be in the middle of the house on the main or upper levels for best coverage. If you have a large home or its not possible to have the router in the middle, you may want to look at having an Access Point or Mesh Network put in.
3) Routers are basically a small computer, and sometimes need to rebooted and given a "fresh start". We recommend unplugging your router for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Please DO NOT press RESET on the back as that will erase all your settings. Plug it back in and after a couple minutes your network should be back up! Routers are also electronic devices, and we all know, electronic devices can fail. If this is the case we can set up a new router for you.
Am I able to move my router and modem?
This can be a simple process or complex, depending on your home or business. Some customers have no problem being able to move and plug in their equipment in their homes. However, some homes have bad wiring or jacks that are disconnected making this task a difficult one.
What Internet Package should I subscribe to?
How do I check my BeresfordTel Email?
What are your Email Server Settings?
Incoming Server Settings:
How do I set up my Windows 10 Mail?
Do you have a program guide?
All of our digital set top boxes now have a NEW HD Guide! Not a digital customer yet? Not a problem, take a look at the home page and you will see a link to an online guide so you can view current programming, just enter our zip-code!
Can I purchase Pay Per View?
We apologize, BMTC does not offer any PPV channels
I have digital cable with a set top box, can I watch more than 1 TV?
Absolutely! Your TV with the set top will have the best variety of channels, but you can hook up other TV's in your home to normal cable and receive Tier 2 channels at no additional cost! Better yet, add additional set top boxes to your account for 1/2 Price!
I am missing certain channels
Periodically our TV's may need to be rescanned to find missing channels. There are thousands of different brands of TV's, but all have the basic concept of going to the "Menu", then "Video or Setup", then "Scan or Add Channels", then "Cable", then "Start". This process may take 5 to 15 minutes but should pull in any missing channels!
How do I program my DVR Remote?
My phone doesn't have dial tone?
This could be caused by a number of different things. Let's walk through a few things to check:
Did it get unplugged?
Plug it back in and check for dial tone.
Is the cord in good shape?
Check both the cord going to the wall and the coil cord connecting to the receiver. If you find a bad spot replace it and try again.
Is the battery old?
Cordless phones and some corded phones have batteries, check to see if they are in good shape.
Is another phone in the house working?
If another phone that uses the same number is working, it may be an issue with the troubled phone itself. Stop into BMTC, let's have a chat and see if it is something that can be repaired or browse check out our selection of new and used phones.
How do I check my BMTC Voicemail?
There are a few different levels of BMTC Voicemail service that are avaiable to our customers to give them quick, easy access to their voicemails.
We are building/remodeling our home, what should we have in our home?
- Home run Cat 5 wiring from the jack to the utility room. No daisy chain wiring. No splitters in the walls or jacks.
- Run Cat 5 wiring anywhere a TV might be in the future, for example, above fireplaces, higher up on living room walls, garage, covered patio, etc.
- Cat 5 will future proof the home.
- Wherever Coax cable is run, a Cat 5 cable should be in the box too. For Coax, use RG6, not RG-59.
- We ask that you have rigid conduit from where our utilities hit outside the home to the utility room. This needs to be done before you sheetrock.
- You need an outlet in the utility room to plug in switches and power supplies.
- You need room (2’ x 3’ minimum) on a board in the utility room to mount BMTC equipment (power pack, switch, wireless router, block, splitter)
- Leave enough slack in utility room for wire termination.
- RJ-45 jacks are wired out “TIA-568 B"
Confused? Feel like you just read gibberish? Don't worry, this can be a challenging task, but we are here to help you through it!
Does BMTC do wiring?
Yes! BMTC will do new home construction wiring, remodel wiring, running new jacks, or fixing existing wiring. Contact our main office to have our technicians come out and help with your project!